Air Ticket booking and cancellation through IRCTC
If you’re looking for low-cost domestic and international airline tickets, go no farther than IRCTC Air, an IATA-approved website that offers superior travel bargains as well as inexpensive domestic flight tickets.
Increasingly prevalent in the travel industry, there’s a considerable chance you’ll land up on a fraudulent airline or travel agency website while searching for a flight. In addition to booking train tickets, travellers may now book flights through the Indian Railways’ e-ticketing and catering arm, the IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation). The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched the official air ticketing website www.air.irctc.co.in. The website allows you to pick a flight, fill all the necessary information, and pay to get your airline ticket purchased. There are no hidden costs, and you are free to cancel your ticket at any moment without incurring any penalties. A vast team of IRCTC employees is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions via a toll-free helpline number, chat assistance, and email service. IRCTC Air offers special discounts to members of the armed military and their families.
A step-by-step instruction on how to buy airline tickets through the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
- Go to www.air.irctc.co.in to get started.
- Choose from ‘One Way’, ‘Round Trip’, and ‘Multi City’ on the main page, depending on the kind of travel you are planning.
- If you are eligible and would want to take advantage of the ‘LTC’ or ‘Defence Fare’ services, you may do so by selecting the checkboxes next to the relevant choices.
- In this section, you must provide the names of your boarding place and your final destination location.
- Your ‘Departure Date’ and ‘Return Date’ are the next two options you must choose from.
- The box labelled ‘1 Traveller(s) Economy’ must be checked in order to enter the number of passengers, pick the flight type, and select the airlines.
- By selecting ‘-‘ and ‘+’ from the drop-down list, you may modify the number of travellers who will be accommodated.
- If you want to fly with a certain airline, you may pick it by clicking on ‘All Airlines’ and then selecting your chosen cabin by clicking on ‘Choose class.’
- After you have carefully entered all of your information, click on the ‘Search’ option.
- When you click on the link, you will be sent to a new page that will offer flight information as well as a ticket breakdown.
- All of the possible alternatives will be listed, including the flight name, the departure and arrival times, as well as the price of a ticket for each one.
- Once you’ve picked the airline you wish to fly with, click on the ‘Book’ option to confirm your reservation.
- Continuing on the new page, pick ‘Add Travel Information’ to move on, or select ‘Search Again’ to modify the flight that has been selected.
- You will now be presented with an IRCTC login pop-up, into which you must enter your registered user name and password in order to login.
- If you do not already have an account with IRCTC, you may register as a guest user by clicking on ‘Guest User Login’ and entering your email address and phone number.
- Fill out the form on the following page with your trip information and pay for your flight to complete the booking process.
Flight ticket cancellation and cancellation fees with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
Actually, IRCTC flight tickets can be cancelled over the internet at the official website until the flight chart is prepared, which is no later than 24 hours before the departure. Preparation for the Direct source begins the night before the Source begins its operations. Please keep in mind that all cancellations must be made at least 6 hours before the scheduled departure time of the trip.
How to Cancel a Flight Ticket with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation?
- Navigate to the “Booked Tickets” link.
- Select the ticket to be cancelled, and then begin the cancellation by choosing the people who should be removed from the ticket.
- The cancellation would be confirmed online, and the refund would be refunded back to the credit card that was used to make the reservation.
What is the procedure for cancelling a ticket on the website?
Please login to your Account, where you will be able to see all of your transactions under the title flights. Choose the transaction in which you want to cancel it.
Note that all cancellations must be made at least 6 hours ahead to the scheduled departure time of the aircraft.
What are the cancellation fees, and how long will it take for a reimbursement to be completed once the cancellation is made?
In accordance with airline regulations and procedures, cancellation fees are assessed; these are detailed in the Voucher for your convenience. In addition to the above fees, IRCTC cancellation fees of Rs.250 per passenger will be imposed in addition to the above fees.
When you cancel your reservation, you will get a refund from IRCTC within 7 working days; however, it will take an additional 4-5 working days for the bank to put the funds back into your account.
What happens if my flight is cancelled, and when will I receive a refund?
As a result, we would want an endorsement copy from the airline saying that the flight had been cancelled in this situation. You can send IRCTC the scanned copy by email and they will process the refund.
Is it possible to cancel the segments and have the ticket open-dated?
Some airlines enable travellers to cancel parts of their flights and get a credit note as a result of doing so.
In the event that I need to cancel my flight, what is the latest time I have to do so?
You can cancel your flight with IRCTC no later than 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. It’s necessary to contact the airline directly if your cancellation request is received after 24 hours.